Saturday 7 December 2013

Xmas Challenge - Ali Crafts

For December Challenge at Ali-Crafts the theme is Christmas I decided to do a box for it in the traditional
colours.
I started with
   

Then painted it red I used Tim Holtz distress paints barn door


I went over lightly with brushed pewter metallic distress  paint around the front and side of box.
I then cut some of Tim's papers to fit into the squares which I edged with walnut stain  distress inks.I also cut 2 squares which I crossed diagonal to make 4 corners for box




I also swiped over papers with picket fence distress stain to make the paper a bit muted.
Using some of Tim's Xmas stamps I stamped randomly around frame attach the 4 corners and then attach a metal corner.


Embellishments used came from a sugarcraft shop and the fluffy snow was a cobweb I had for Halloween.stockings I made myself using felt.filled a little bottle with glitter and then labels as fairy dust.Die cut out  2 reindeer using Tim's die put one inside the box and one on the outside.


Tripled embossed a bauble die then using comic shimmer pva do dots across to make a pattern tie a bow around the top.



The finished inside and complete box I have left some space  I know I have some decs in the loft so they will be added later.

2 comments:

chrissie said...

This looks terrific Becky and I do love traditional Christmas Colours

Love Chrissie x

Von said...

Lovely Becky :)
Von ♥